Bama Microfinance Bank Limited, is a Single Unit microfinance bank in the process of obtaining a State License.
- Incorporated as a private limited liability company in July, 2008.
- Authorized share capital of N100 Million.
- Fully paid up capital of N50 million.
- To be a reference point in poverty alleviation and microfinance service delivery.
- Building lasting relationships by financially empowering the small and medium enterprises including the active poor to attain a dream height considered unattainable.
- Integrity: We adhere to the highest ethical standard in all transactions; Probity and fairness are our watch word.
- Innovation: We are determined to create products, services and processes that effectively impact out target sector.
- Leadership: We are committed to positively influencing our environment through our staff to change the mindset of the active poor.
- Teamwork: We join forces with all our stakeholders to proactively and effectively build lasting relationships to achieve our objectives.
The target market constitutes of the active poor people especially women living in the urban and semi-urban localities of Borno State. Micro entrepreneurs and small scale business owners also form part of the bank’s target market.
- Customer base is over 18,000
- Loan of N1.5 Billion disbursed to over 9000 customers from October 2008 to date.
- Bama was Well Rated at the 2013 Risk Based Enterprise examination carried out on it in March 2013.
- Over 18,000 Customer base
- 87% Female customers
- Empowered over 8,000 active poor
- Introduction of Health Insurance to over 3000 families
- Trained over 2000 Women on various vocations ranging from soap making, baking and laundry services.